Friday 10 August 2012

More car embarrassment.

I am more than usually embarassed this morning. A warning light came on as I was driving to church for morning prayer. I ignored it until I was driving home....it was a picture of a stick being dipped into a jar! Over it was printed " Check"

Not being a complete Dumbo I sussed out that it was advising me to check my oil level! And that's where the embarrassment begins! I have no idea how to get my bonnet up or where to look for the oil! It's all changed since my day!

I've had a variety of cars over the years. I knew my way around them perfectly well. I always topped up the oil and water myself! Before every six hour drive to Cornwall in my Discovery I checked and topped up everything. But then that was a proper car. My present little Beetle is more toy than car and nothing under the bonnet looks familiar!

I have now become one of those previously despised woman who get their husbands to do that sort of thing for them. Oh dear....I really am becoming an old woman!

2 comments:

UKViewer said...

Normally it's under the bonnet :)

But, I know what you mean. My spouse has a newish french car. I haven't a clue what goes on under the bonnet, and as I only drive it occasionally, I haven't bothered to find out.

So, I'm one of those men who asks his wife what is what and to sort out a problem :(

Revjeanrolt said...

Wonderful Earnie. I like a bit of role swapping.