Saturday 22 September 2012

God laughs

Having had a stressful time yet again with my printer I settled down to write the address for Harvest time.... My sense of humour was definately having a by pass this morning after several sheets of mangled paper had ejected across the room.....

I banged on about most of the usual thanksgiving stuff and went back to the time in rural Britain where harvest was the important moment of the year in so far as survival was concerned....the readings were all full of happy thanksgiving whilst I was still mumbling about the vagaries of bleep bleep printers so it was at just the right moment that a friend from New Zealand posted something on Facebook that made me laugh....

I still have my doubts about FB but I stay with it for moments like these..

Here I am asking a congregation to give thanks for all the good things in life and then this popped up.

Humour works well in times of needing to throw your printer through the window so I included this into the sermon.

"And God promised men that good and obedient wives would be found in all the corners of the world.

Then He made the earth round and laughed and laughed and laughed...

It sits well with my sermon on being charged with the stewardship of our beautiful planet....and if God can laugh I'm sure we can too.

No comments: