Saturday 18 October 2014

Wakefulness.

This week has seen the resolution of several problems...it has also given me a few sleepless nights....

On the whole this is not one of my problems....I can sleep anywhere at any time...I regard this as one of my talents.

I know that for many people lying awake at night is a penance, a burden and I've always been glad I didn't share it...

After a bereavement there is a period of grief that takes up space and has to be worked through as best we can.

Remembering those we have lost is all part of the process but it's not those memories that have been keeping me awake...it's how to solve various small problems....

Yesterday was the second anniversary of my dogs death.

I still miss him dreadfully. Having no dog in the house is very weird...the last time was at least 50 years ago!

Next week I shall be thinking of my son...it's his second anniversary too.. Life has played some nasty tricks on me.

But oddly it's not these things that are keeping me awake....it's the mundane and the daft , the mechanics of getting everything put right...

My car has a week in the garage next week...they will put on it a new door, replacing the one that got thoroughly bashed whilst I was taking a funeral! Until yesterday the insurance company that I have been with since 1968 without ever needing them were still not guaranteeing the cost of the work...

These sorts of things tend to be frustrating and I am glad it has been resolved.

Now I have to work out how I get about for all the various things I shall be doing....

During the long dark hours is also a chance to pray...to listen as well as to ask...to thank as well as to regret...

I especially thank Sister Catherine for a piece from her I found in the middle of the night on this subject. It helped as do most of her posts!

No comments: