Thursday 24 March 2016

Maundy News

I might be away from home but I am not cut off from the news. Appalling news to shock and deepen our distrust of anything that looks motivated by the so called Islamic State! I am pleased to hear everyone in the media is now using the words "so called " to apply to IS.
Here in Devon people are saying what we in Cornwall have said also that they are glad they are so far away from civilisation.
I am also glad to be an old woman. I shudder to think how this might all turn out.
Couple this with the brixit ongoing problems with the present government and we seem to be living through some sort of surreal nightmare.
So it's just as well that today is Maundy Thursday when priests reaffirm their commitment to their calling .
There's a lot to pray for. So I'd better get on with it!



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: