Tuesday 30 January 2018

Violence?

The news recently seems to be full of graphic descriptions of attacks and the damage sustained by the victims.
I try to avoid these mostly but over the last weeks have found myself groaning at the descriptions of babies being hurt.
The one reported yesterday involved a baby. A baby girl!
Several baby rapes have occurred in the last months and are very unpleasant indeed.
The fact that the raper is often a teenager just makes it worse.
A young boy, left in charge of a baby this week left her with internal injuries!
What on Earth has happened to our society?
That particular rape occurred in India where other reported violations of young women have been reported over the last year.
Advocating Christian love and responsibility is clearly not going to work here.
These things may have happened before , we will never know what happened in the past before modern communication made it possible for us to know what’s happening in other countries.
But I am shocked.
We are all shocked I’m sure but rape can never be thought of as normal...under any circumstances and I am aware that men can also be victims as well as the perpetrators.
I welcomed the way we no longer hide the facts...but I can now see why the very young can be corrupted by what they see and read , easily available on their phones and iPads.
I have no solutions to offer here...we all know how appalling the violence is...destructive of lives and minds.
Prayer is my only recourse naturally. But I am well aware that something else is needed...I just don’t know what!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments: