Wednesday 14 March 2018

Busy period.

After a run of eventful days I am settling down today into trying to return to normality. Given the news coming over the airwaves a quiet stable period is what we all need right now.
Visitors here since the big snow can’t believe either the stories or the pictures we all have since getting snowed in last week.
Yesterday was blessedly quiet , the sun shone and Spring flowers opened...
But this is apparently not going to last. The forecast is of snow....again!
The slate that came off my roof during the last onslaught has not been replaced....yet!
It is windy and set to get windier...
So I need to consider starting the packing.....and that’s as far as I’ve got right now...considering.....
Packing for one of my cruises can be complicated if I let it! Ball gowns, walking shoes, sun tan lotion etc...we cover a lot of activities in the course of one cruise.
But here at home I have a lot to do yet....
There is feeling of counter point just now.
Silence , singing quietly as I go around the house sit along with moments of near panic as I think of all the things I have to do directly , not least going into the village to get some money...pounds and euros...to put into two separate purses is only one small task that needs doing..
Taking my car out for a run is high on the list...charging it’s battery to last whilst I’m away is essential.
So too many things are waiting to be done...whilst the world faces its problems .
Trump, Putin, May...Brexit. ....all claim attention whilst I get on with things...
Very deep sigh.....



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

1 comment:

UKViewer said...

While I envy your ability to cruise, I don't envy all of the preparations that you have to make.

And for us, without someone to look after our cats, our times away have been limited for some years. A day here and there is the best that we can hope for.