Tuesday 17 April 2018

Glad to be home.

It’s dark, damp and windy here today. Nothing in the news cheers me up. And yet I am very glad to be home right now. Having placed my garden furniture ready for summer sun last week there has been no sign of it for several days.
The garden , much later than usual now looks poised to be covered in blossom soon. Great buds are fattening up daily...
Somehow in the midst of all the global angst the words " East, West, homes best" echo through my head every time I hear the news.
All the stuff I take away on cruises has been put back into their usual positions.
Light bulbs needing to be replaced means that I have to ask any unsuspecting person who crosses my threshold this week to climb a step ladder which is now placed strategically in my husbands office, together with the long lasting bulbs...
All of this is the consequence of old age...but I really do need to ask for help occasionally.
Most visitors know they may well be asked to climb a ladder somewhere in the house. They always seem take it in their stride thankfully.
Asking for help does not sit easily with me. I don’t look too decrepit yet I don’t think but things I took in my stride just a year ago are proving testing now.
It’s all part of the world I now live in...I am a very lucky woman in all sorts of ways...
Complaining about the things I can’t do anymore is more than compensated by the glory all around me.
The instinct to batten down the hatches during all the present global angst just makes me appreciate what I do have. Thank you God.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments: