Saturday 21 April 2018

Safe for bottoms.

Glorious weather here . The sun shines, the wind is a gently rippling breeze. In one week blossom has arrived everywhere. Apple and pear blossom covers several trees. I have one magnolia flower out . This is the first bright glory for this young plant that I put in four years ago.
A visitor yesterday asked if I’d got much garden. When I said, "Look up there" her astonishment was clear.
All people see from the road is a long six foot Cornish hedge. The gasp from my visitor yesterday was a good moment. It is pretty spectacular at the moment.
Putting benches and chairs out this week got my gardener activated.
"Look here." He held out an iron chair and pressed its seat.
The metal had become dangerous having been outside for at least ten years.
We agreed that no bottom should rest on this chair again.
We collected another three similar chairs, all dangerous now to sit on. Small metal spikes shot up when pressed.
They are all now in the barn, waiting to go to a better home....or their final resting  place.
But the garden is safe.
Wicker chairs and wooden benches present no hazard to any visiting bottoms...we are ready!
Any stray visitors can rest easy...as can I, plastered with sun screen as I stroll, thank you God.




- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments: