Friday 20 July 2018

Early Fridays!

Friday morning brings its own slight problems....my gardener arrives at eight am every other week.
I always forget which week it is and I was half way up the garden this morning before I heard the sound of machinery...
As well as John two other people have sent messages to announce their arrival this morning......
I was out yesterday with two very old friends so I’m starting to feel slightly over whelmed.
My periods of quiet in this place are precious to me...I pray more easily here than in church but today is definitely going to be different.
It’s not quite so hot so it’s comfortable just now...but somewhere out there is the sound of machinery...I am reluctant to go and see what’s going on....going back to bed feels like the best idea yet.
I know I can’t so I’m dressed, ready to repel borders, make John his snap (a Cornish expression for a mid morning snack) and join in anything else that turns up!
I’ve got used to my own company now and tend to regard any visitors as intruders rather than welcome friends. So have to fight this. I see how easy it would be to just be solitary.
So the pound notes are ready, the kettle is on, I am dressed.
Onwards and upwards to the sound of rusty sawing...I really do have to go out to find out what is being sawed........
Arghhhh!
Much later.
John is strimming  the hedge from the road. Cars are at least slowing down at the sight .
I’ve suggested a red blanket on a clothes horse as protection but he just laughed and got on with it.
I am now keeping a low profile until I call him in for his tea and sticky bun!
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments: