Thursday 16 August 2018

Identity issues.

I was asked yesterday to provide proof that I am who I say I am.
This was very weird indeed.
Photographic proof was asked of my passport or driving licence or both...
Over the phone it became silly then worse in a series of emails...
Old bills with my name and address on need to be shown!
Complaining of this later to a very old friend he told me that identity theft was the reason.
I had never heard of such a thing.
Apparently I should destroy various bills, letters and anything on paper that tells anyone both my address and my name.
Imagining anyone actually wanting to be me is very odd...it’s a strange world we are living in. And I don’t like it much.
Today I have to spend time tracking down various bits of paper. I have no household bills to display because I pay all my utility bills by direct debit.
Trying to prove I am me is proving far more complicated than I imagined....
And it’s impossible to imagine anyone else pretending to be me.
It’s a very strange world I find myself living in...one which presumes that everyone is out to either steal from us or actually pretend to be me.
I don’t like it much.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments: