Monday 24 September 2018

Hanging around !

Our first few attempts at landing in New York failed miserably. A great many hooters hooted. It took hours to get in safely. I had already decided not to bother getting off after my first revised estimate of the timing has no be re revised...and may be even re re revised.
It feels safer to just stay on board.
The situation is serious for those leaving the ship in order to catch flights to other places...every time I venture out it seems chaotic so I’m staying in my cabin for the time being.
The only thing I’m going to miss is visiting MOMA , the museum of modern art which has truly wonderful pictures. But I have seen them before....it feels safer to stay put. And I shall be coming back this way in a couple of weeks!
On the TV I watched an old Doc Martin episode which made me homesick for beautiful Cornwall.
It was quite surreal seeing it on board this ship...
A day later
All my misgivings about the immigration check proved all too real.
We queued in a large cold hall for about an hour and a half until I addressed the policeman, telling him we were old, infirm and in danger of collapse. I added that I was over 80.
The gasps that greeted this news were satisfying and we did then get seen more quickly but we have it all to do again after our visit to Canada....arghhhhh!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments: