Saturday 22 September 2018

Moving on!

I am still getting lost on this ship but gradually life on board is settling into a pattern I can live with. Six days at sea gives plenty of time to organise myself...but I am falling into old ways...
Going up to the Commodore club for instance is essential as a pre lunch visit. I have organised my Long Island Iced tea now...a slight nod of the head does the trick...
Yesterday sitting gazing out to sea we were informed that we are following a different route in order to get a sick passenger to hospital. A helicopter will pick him up from the top deck.
This has unfortunate echoes of my cruise with Fred Olsen. Altogether we had six helicopter rescues. We got used to them...but speaking to a fellow guest later I was told the reason...her brother had been lifted into the air after a very nasty chest infection....they had all had it. It was catching.....
So I am hoping that this is not the first of many....there are far fewer bits of dry land out here in mid Atlantic..
Sitting up in bed far too early in the morning I am aware that tomorrow we will arrive in New York where half the ship will be disembarking.
I am also aware that I still can’t find my way around without getting help some of the time so today is the big test. I have to find the Queens Room. So far I’ve failed .
I will lose most of the people on my table tonight too....it’ll be a whole new set of people tomorrow.
Booking this cruise was easy...sailing it is testing.



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments: