Monday 12 November 2018

Not even Advent!

The subjects I write about in this blog are many and various but they are simply what my mind is focused on as I lie before actually getting out of bed.
This morning it is what to get loved ones for Christmas.
These are mostly of the stocking filler variety.
Blokes are fairly easy. A bottle of single malt or brandy always goes down well.
The women are more difficult. In the past scarves, beauty products etc have been wrapped and presented. But I can’t think of anything this year that I haven’t already given them. .
So this is the moment to study the traditional pages found on the internet sites...
The main problem is that in one cupboard I still have a collection of unwrapped gifts that I thought better of in previous years.
Somehow when they arrive I don’t think they are suitable and put them out of sight until I find them unexpectedly whilst I’m looking for something else.
So this is the morning I will start the process.
I have enough cards left from last year to get out to see if they need to be supplemented.
It’s the run down to the holiday season and we are not yet in Advent.
I’ve started early as always because I will not be here at Christmas. I am not yet brave enough to face the festive season here on my own.
It is just easier to set sail yet again...so I’m starting early and trying to get all my ducks in a row in good time for visiting family and friends.
I am thankful to be doing this on the internet whilst trying not to feel guilty about the stores that are closing...
But today is the start...fingers crossed for some inspiration!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments: