Saturday 17 November 2018

Printer printing

I actually did something useful yesterday. I persuaded my printer to print. This is not always the case. I sometimes imagine a malevolent spirit in there somewhere determined not to oblige.
But yesterday it worked after only a little coaxing .
I share my friend Rays view that malevolent spirits are out there waiting for an opportunity to pounce!
To be fair the printer was on a bit of a go slow to start with but I can cope with that providing I am left with the right words on the correct bit of paper..and I have.....very much too early, managed to print out the E ticket for the next cruise....
But it left me with a feeling of both gratitude and achievement.
I am feeling my age at the moment....so any small success is noteworthy.
Getting everything done in the house and garden is now my aim daily...
I am waking later than usual and small tasks are much harder to complete ....I shouldn’t be surprised I suppose...I am over eighty...but admitting it is the problem.
Next week I am attending a service in the nearest church to celebrate my retirement. Arghhhhh!
This has arrived with no indication from me that I have accepted it but it does seem to be happening.
Old friends are turning up on my doorstep and I’m always glad to see them..but retirement?
I retired from teaching twenty years ago...but this feels different...it is another door closing..
I will try during the week to accept the opening of the next door...
I will enjoy my house and garden and my visitors.. and after that it will be time to get out the suitcases again.
So be it Lord.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments: