Wednesday 14 November 2018

Time passes!

It is definitely time to change into my winter wardrobe but so far it’s not been very cold. Every morning I tell myself that I need to sort out the heavier skirts and jumpers that keep me warm at this stage of the year but so far.....I am perfectly comfortable in lightweight skirts and jumpers...
By some small miracle my heating is working well!
Previous blogs at this stage of the year have frequently bemoaned it’s shortcomings but this year it’s so far so good!
November is full of anniversaries.
The Timehop app on my iPad takes me back every morning. It is very sad at times but it does keep me in touch with previous traumas and losses.
It also brings me joy...as my wedding to David is recorded in detail...
Coming to live in St Mawes and leaving my house in Portscatho was a major moment in my life...currently being relived every morning.
The entries of that joyous moment are then followed by the dawning realisation of just how ill my husband was several years later.
I don’t have to read it of course but it does keep me aware of the tides ebbing and rising through my life.
I told a visitor yesterday that I am a very lucky woman...and I know that it is true despite my losses over the last years.
I love my home and my garden...I never feel lonely when I’m alone....
David set the habit of going off during the winter to warmer climes and this is still my way of coping through the winter...
I really am fortunate and I know it. Thank you God for these and all your blessings.



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments: