Tuesday 21 May 2019

At sea!

Second day at sea and everything seems slightly weird...it’s a beautiful boat but I am still having trouble finding my way round.
Last night, a formal night we were all wearing evening clothes which is fine except I couldn’t find my evening shoes. An hour looking for them meant that I finally had to go down to dinner wearing some flat navy shoes which didn’t really go with the long skirt and jewelled top!
This morning the search continues with my cabin steward telling me he never touches shoes!
We are landing soon. I have no tour fixed so I’m hoping for a nice quiet day, not necessarily peering into the dark corners of my room.
Having written that I have now found the shoes! They were hiding under the life jacket which I had to take with me on the first day here!
I’m afraid I really am getting too old for all this.
One man here that I’ve travelled with before was very helpful last night...so maybe I do need a friend right now....though he wouldn’t be the first choice...
I’m getting picky as well as forgetful in my old age.
Getting off this ship when we dock is not the top of my to do list but he harbours the notion that it would be pleasant to walk into the town together....
Now I am tempted to say I’ve lost my shoes.....
Clearly I am suffering some hopefully short term confusion...but not enough to stop me from ordering a bottle scotch for my room..
Happy Days.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

1 comment:

UKViewer said...

I often forget things, so write them down. And I am much younger than you.

For the record, I have been late for PCC, for a Ministry Team Meeting, have not checked my phone, so missed important calls and even forgotten to collect important medication.

But recently, with spouse in hospital, I have missed stuff as I was sitting at her bedside. She remembered that I was due to attend our new Vicar's induction and sent me away to attend it. She knows what I am like, procrastinater some err, most of the time, and last minute man as well.

After 43 years of military service, when I could not forget things, diary discipline was important and missing something would be a virtual crime. Now, I've gone to the other end of the spectrum. My constant question is "now, where did it put that" as I search for the thing I needed. Keys are the worst.

People know what I am like and make allowances. I just think that I am getting old and forgetful. Spouse says that I'm both forgetful and accident prone.

I have to agree with her.