Friday 17 May 2019

Preparations.

This time tomorrow I shall be on my way. The taxi will pick me up at 7.30am . This a well rehearsed routine...Cunard have realised that travelling on Sunday is much easier than during the week and my young driver can actually do it in four hours....as opposed to six...this makes a difference.
My battle with Google continued last night as it kept rejecting various passwords. It prompted me to use their suggested strong password and it remains to be seen if this will work.
On a different subject I am very cross with myself for having to miss voting on Thursday...I have always voted....but this time I left it too late to get my postal vote up and running.
Age is playing it’s part in all this...I acknowledge. I am forgetting some things too often. But I have packed my nighties this time....and I was amused to find a comment on the blog about the large tee shirts I bought to sleep in last time.
I am still unable to post comments but I will try...I have hopefully adopted Google’s suggested strong password...only time will tell on this one.
But amongst all the small details of the final day for packing and labelling everything that’s coming with me I am not going to have much time.....and tomorrow there may be no blog so please don’t worry....I will resume once I’m safely afloat. Very deep sigh.....and fingers crossed.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

3 comments:

UKViewer said...

Well, I am able to post comments without any difficulty, and am still bemused on why you are having password nightmares.

In particular, their suggestion of a strong password seems to me to give them access to your whole google profile, which might or might not be a blessing.

You use Apple, so google might be trying to drive you into the arms of their Android operating system, or even to purchase a google device. I am only surmising, as I have no evidence for this contention, but google and apple are big rivals and google would dearly love to pick up more android or google chrome users. More people to pester with adverts and to boast about how great their applications are.

I hope that your journey is uneventful and that you find some of your frequent cruiser friends aboard. But are able to resist the romantic intentions of stray american males;

Revjeanrolt said...

Not all my stray blokes are American... but I do have at least one stray coming along for the ride..so I’m going to have to be very very careful!

UKViewer said...

Good that you are now able to respond to comments. Hopefully all is fixed :)