Friday 14 August 2020

Awake!

I’m up, dressed and ready to go before eight this morning.
Unfortunately I’m not actually going anywhere. But my gardener arrives promptly at eight am and for some daft reason I make sure that I’m ahead of him. It is daft. Because even if I didn’t leave my bed till noon he wouldn’t know. Except I give him the cash at the same time as the coffee. So I’m up . This means he won’t have to run the lawn mower past my window to make sure I know he’s here...
Oh dear this all makes sense to me if to no one else. This strange period is fine...I can do this I think. A text message from an old friend this morning alerts me to a visit from him sometime soon. Life goes on. And sometime soon I will hear the lawn mower outside my window as the gardeners way of making sure that I am aware of his presence. Life has become simple indeed if I can forecast the movements around me accurately. One piece of news is fine...but I’m not sure I can cope with anything bad right now...in this shallow water of no waves I’m not sure I could cope with a tsunami . Not that one is threatened or even hinted at...it’s just my innate sense of the inevitability of life. Right now I could do with a little action...not too much of course...but something beyond how much grass needs cutting...Oh dear I’m getting boring ...sorry but better boring than news of calamity ...probably!
Writing this rubbish every morning is now so much part of my day that if for any reason I can’t do it it just nags me till I get on with it...I’m not sure this is a good thing but it’s the way it is right now so all my friends can relax...I haven’t died in the night...well I don’t think I have but then how would I know?

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

2 comments:

UKViewer said...

I'n sure you gardener wouldn't be worried about your still being in bed, he might even welcome it. But your blogging is a reflection on the isolated life, self or imposed. Try to think positive that you have protected yourself by design or accident from the virus by your very life style.

It would be lovely to get to see you some day, but at the moment that is out of the question with Jen's slow recovery from her stroke.

I hope that your visitor observes social distancing and no hugs etc, to avoid contamination.

https://pixie-mum.blogspot.com/ said...

I suspect your gardener’s actions are more of a tactful way of checking you are ok and will be putting the kettle on later in the morning.


Thank you for continuing to blog, wish I was more diligent, I wonder sometimes if it worth continuing, but the blog is a better long term record than FB even if the latter postings result in more feedback.