Tuesday 25 September 2018

Going ashore in Canada!

One day ago.
It’s not all absolute bliss on this cruise. I am still not really settled into it. Lots of things are very different....I suppose yesterday didn’t help. I was in fine spirits till I spent hours waiting to be counted.
Today I am tired. You can’t stand for three hours waiting to be admitted without some repercussions.
I am trying to rest now because tomorrow I am booked on another adventure.
Mmmm...well.
The ship is beautiful. My stateroom is comfortable. Nothing wrong with it at all.
But everything I’ve booked and paid for seems complicated. Only belatedly have I realised that tomorrow involves another journey in a another vessel.
Tonight we have a captains cocktail party which I am already yawning about.
I lack a companion. That would makes a difference but as yet I have made no friends beyond those I have eaten with a couple of times.
I’m fed up. Those words have never passed my lips on any cruise before.
I’ve filled in forms, studied various agendas and groaned.
What makes it worse is that I’ve got another similar cruise already booked and worse, paid for.
I confidently expect to have come out of this by tomorrow....I don’t stay down for long...normally...
The day after.
I’m feeling much better today but have realised that I am getting too old for adventuring. Today is another day for being tendered ashore. Right now I’m not going. I may feel differently after breakfast but just now the thought of going ashore does not appeal.
I may be reaching the point where I am just too dammed old. As there’s nothing I can do about that I can at least try to do it gracefully.



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments: