Saturday 10 July 2010

Rest day

After one of the busiest weeks of my life I am trying to get a day of peace and quiet. Ha! First I had to write the sermon. It was all sitting in my head so that wasn't a problem. Then my dog came home. The blessed Crispin is a shadow of himself. His wound is exposed since the hair around has gone. He is limping. But his joy at being home was unmistakable. At first he showed no interest in anything much but we have now ambled round the garden together. He has reclaimed his territory and all is well. I am sure that he's not in real pain but when he is I will not prolong life for my sake. We are not there yet but the clocks ticking.
The memorial service yesterday went very well with a packed church paying their respects. The wake at the sailing club was also good but gosh I am tired today. I just hope no ones down at church waiting to get married and I've forgotten it.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: