Friday 8 October 2010

Lamb and lobster.

At the end of our second week we are now extremely relaxed. The weather is wonderful, the food extraordinary and the sea blue. We have had some minor set backs though. Yesterday we went out for a meal to a place we've eaten at before. David ordered a sirloin steak and I knew I couldn't possibly eat one so I ordered some lamb. Gosh. What arrived on my plate was a complete leg. Not even a shank but an entire leg roasted with rosemary and garlic. At home it would have been a Sunday roast for two but there it sat on my plate with a few chips waiting.
I tried very hard to get through it but of course I couldn't. I managed about half of it and then had to stop. Last night at supper I coped with some soup and then some yoghurt. At breakfast I had more yoghurt. So by lunch time we were ready for another experiment with the local cuisine.
We had seen a nice looking restaurant in a beautiful courtyard and went in determined not to eat too much.
Alarmed we saw other diners coping with huge platters and I prayed...not again please.
We had ordered some rice with fish and lobster. When the huge platter came our way my heart sank. We had a lobster each!
Sharing a meal for two is good for me because David can have much more but today it was simply too delicious. We cleared the plate with the help of a stainless steel plier each to crack open the claws.
Back in our apartment we are getting ready for our evening meal. Fortunately it's a buffet.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments: