Saturday 6 November 2010

Sky. Bah. Humbug


A couple of years ago I gave my house in the next to my children. It has taken all this time to transfer the utility bills and everything else into their names. This summer I thought we had cracked it. Job done, apart from Sky. They wanted to set up their own account which they duly did and I rang up to cancel my account as they were still taking payment. This was in August.
By September I realized that they were still taking the money so I rang them up to explain that the account has been cancelled.
They simply refused to accept this, said there was no record of it being cancelled but that they would cancel it there and then but only after I paid another months rental.
This made me cross. I was not impressed at all especially as it took up far more of my time than I could afford..
The young man eventually said he would look into the matter and get back to me with an apology in due course..
I waited in vain for an apology but this morning when my kids brought my post over for me there were two very nasty letters from Sky threatening to cut me off and then telling me that I had been cut off but that I still owed them £24.
Now this would normally not have bothered me except that at the end of the letter it said that owing this amount would detract from my credit rating!
My efficient daughter in law took the letters with her , determined to get it sorted out. Sheer common sense should tell them that they were taking money for a different account in that house...a very small house at that. No room for several accounts.
She is fuming and saying she's going to pay for it herself to save me from a bad credit rating. I don't care. I don't buy anything on credit anyway.
But that's not the point. The way Sky have behaved over this is despicable. They are attempting to bully money out of me by threatening. I've told my daughter not to pay it herself but she is an honorable woman and I suspect she will pay it.
Take heed anyone wishing to get Sky! They are a nasty company with no apparent ethics of any kind.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hope you also Tweeted a shortened version of this. I've found that complaints posted on Twitter and Facebook often get better results than trying to do the right thing and go through channels. While I don't suggest Tweeting run of the mill complaints, if your problem is falling on deaf ears, it sometimes helps to "vent" on Twitter.