Thursday 27 January 2011

All human life

The variety of the humans on this boat is extraordinary. There are the very old and the very young. Not many actual children are seen but occasionally you hear them. Cunard allows the families of their crew to come on board on port days.
Some are seriously over weight whilst others are battling with anorexia. Eating habits are varied. One of the men on our table eats a huge several course meal every night and then goes for midnight snacks!
Every possible variation of colour is here and when everyone talks it really is like listening to Babel.
There are so many activities on board it's impossible to imagine anyone getting bored. I overheard a conversation between husband and wife this morning at breakfast.
"Well what do you want to? "
" I don't know. I guess go to another lecture."
"Are you interested in the Iraq war? "
" No."
"The thing is. I am enjoying myself. I really am but I could be enjoying it more."
I didn't wait to hear what would make her day complete. I was too taken up with a new concept. I could be enjoying myself more. It has a ring to it.
Today is a ship day. Later this afternoon we will cross the river Plate basin to finally arrive in Montevideo tomorrow. Thankfully the temperature is no longer baking heat. A more temperate climate is approaching.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments: