Sunday 2 January 2011

Antiseptic communion.

I returned to the regime of the previous year in church this morning when the Bishops advice was to make sure that everything was sterilised before distribution. I didn't go so far as to ban the chalice. Last year we had to give the congregation the news that the priest was taking the wine on their behalf. Went down like a lead ballon.
But something had to be done After doing the eight o clock I realised that everyone was determined to give me a New Year kiss Although I love them all dearly this was not the moment. Coughs, sneezes, sniffles rent the air and I am on hols this week.
Like a conjuror with a rabbit I produced a bottle of anti septic gel out of my robes. Anyone coming anywhere near me got the treatment!
By 11 am I was armed and ready and hopefully diverted all bugs before they had time to settle.
Now I have broken up! Definitely demob happy.
I've got to sort out a load of paper work yet but after that the world is our oyster!

No comments: