Wednesday 16 February 2011

Spring!




It is almost here that much awaited event! This afternoon
I wandered around the garden, gazing out to the distant sea and the sun was warm on my face so I sat down for a while. Hopefully its the first of many sits this year but there was real warmth in the sun this afternoon which gives hope for the future.
I've been doing what we all do in the church I've been organising things, making things happen in fact. I've organised two burials of ashes which sounds easy but which has to include people up country who can only get here during half term which is next week so that involved lots of phone calls. I've sorted out a baptism or two...this was one of the first brides I married soon after ordination and she has had two babies since then, both boys and both now at school! Half term looks all set to be rather busy!
I've fixed up a mock baptism in church with class one from the local school for the week after. That should be fun!
I've remembered to order two sets of ashes for Ash Wednesday since two of my fellow priests are away then. In fact the other one is also alway but he's arranged his own cover. This means that for a week I will be the only priest working on this small peninsula which is only fair considering I've just had five weeks off but the prayers that no one will die start now!
If the sun shines as it has this afternoon then there is nothing I can't cope with. With the help of God of course.

Location:Truro,United Kingdom

No comments: