Thursday 24 March 2011

Faith and fighting.

I have several Jewish friends. I used to have a boyfriend whose parents were delighted to find him with me because I was able to make meals, lay the table and light the fires on Saturdays.
Another Jewish friend asked me to light a candle for him when his father died.
I taught Muslim teenagers for ten years and went to their weddings and enjoyed their dancing and singing.
Both Arab and Jew have religions I respect and over the years I have had close friendships with many of them with no barriers of faith. One old friend has included me on her Jewpro mailing list.
I always look at them but have become aware in the last year that a much harder line is appearing and after reading this morning about the Fogel family literally hacked to death in Israel I can understand it. It is just the worst of a whole series of terrorist killings.
The situation is appalling and I feel desperately sorry for Arab as well as Jew. Fighting over land is always going to be full of emotion and much wiser heads than mine have failed to come up with a solution but at the very least they need our prayers.
They need them. Now.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments: