Wednesday 2 March 2011

Old friends

It's been a day for meeting old friends as well as buying new computers! The first one was a long standing friend going right back to my time in North Wales. We almost walked past each other...till I said her name tentatively. She then said mine equally unsure! It's been a while and she said I was going grey. we then said we'd meet soon and catch up.
David and I shopped at M and S which is always a treat and then went off to lunch. The landlady of the pub is also an old mate and we had an excellent meal. Two people came in who had been in church on Sunday and we were having a laugh about the latest disasters when another old friend came in. This was someone who had looked after me when my first husband died. We hugged each other and then she gave me the news that yet another person from that time was seriously ill and fighting cancer. I left the pub and waited till I got into the car before weeping.
I have neglected people I love and today realized that sometimes neglecting work instead in order to see people whose lives have been entangled with mine is no bad thing. I have plenty to pray about tonight.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments: