Thursday 24 August 2017

Old bag!

Oh dear....
Yesterday I got in and out of St Mawes easily. I was very early and in one of the shops someone said brightly that I needed a bigger handbag after I'd tried to get far too much into the old one!
I arrived home to look for a bigger bag...wow!
I'm not short of a bag or three...I pulled several from their hiding place and was astonished at what I'd just abandoned...
A beautiful leather rucksack! Or two....
Designer tiny fold up bags in blue, pink, red and black...
What was inside them was even more amazing...
Three pairs of reading specs, packets of sea sickness tablets, a hair brush, an abandoned wallet....gosh I've been profligate!
Clearly on arrival home from various adventures I've just stuffed old bags away...out of sight, definitely out of mind!
I tend to grab the last one used when I'm going out regardless of shape, size or colour...
I am fairly ashamed of the sticky messes found by leaving old sweets at the bottom of bags along with old combs, nail clippers etc.
It has been an interesting hour...and I'm afraid to dig any further down...
Unknown treasures could await me but it's more likely to be sticky old cough sweets stuck to exotic leather goods bought in far away places and forgotten....
As yet there is no money...but I'm not at the bottom of box they were in.
I am clearly a slob....that'll teach me!
After that I did find some cash....nothing too exciting but it has got me wondering about the knickers I found tucked away.......

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

3 comments:

Ray Barnes said...

What a picture you paint Jean
I'd love to be a fly on the wall in your house😀

Revjeanrolt said...

There is a rough inventory of the contents of various bags on the next page...just click on newer post..if you are strong enough....

Jante said...

When we moved house recently I found a number of handbags that I had packed during previous move and then couldn't find! Had to buy replacements so now have rather more handbags than I need- but not as many as you Jean .