Wednesday 8 November 2017

Earings?


I got some new ear rings this week .....from Amazon! This unlikely event reminded me of my first introduction to the novel idea of wearing jewellery attached to your ears.
My friend Babs got her first pair and showed them to me one weekend.
I was enthusiastic. My first husband David was not.
"I recognise the thin end of the wedge when I see it." He said dourly.
But that didn't actually stop me. A short time later I went off to have my ears pierced and returned complete with tiny gold studs.
He grunted....not at all impressed.
But I loved them and have been adding to their number ever since...well I am still a woman ...but every time I get a new pair I still hear his voice muttering about thin edges etc. And he died in 1997.
Babs is still my friend and probably reading this blog !
Thank you Babs .
I have enjoyed wearing my ear rings and now have a reasonable collection.
Gold, silver, jewelled...every colour...matching my clothes etc...
I love having them adorning my ears...these ones from Amazon I found when I was not looking for them...they were on Facebook.... another thing David would not have approved of.
The world has changed so much since 1997 but my girlish delight in pretty things has not! And when I go to my maker I hope to still be wearing them...
A gold hoop would go down quite well in either place I think!
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Funny. I had my ears pierced at 35 just to please my husband. I was a little scared since I had always thought it was something painful. After all it wasn't that bad. I don't regret at all!

Gina

Babs said...

Yes Jean I remember the incident very well. We did give David some grief about being a stick in the mud.
I still love my earrings, but try not to pay a fortune for them as I seem to scatter them far and wide.

UKViewer said...

Can we have a selfie with you wearing a variety of ear rings - might encourage me to get my ears pierced :)