Sunday 12 November 2017

No dust?


What makes a house dusty? That sounds like a daft question but it is currently puzzling.
My cleaner has not been here for about six weeks...due to a broken bone!
So I do remember how to clean and have been getting on with it.
But a puzzle has started . There's no dust in this house, either that or a good fairy gets to work once I'm in bed!
As I don't believe in fairies much I have to start wondering.
Right at the beginning I took the feather duster around the house with a light touch but last week I was too busy...well.....
By Friday I decided to do some housework.
I pushed the hoover around, cleaned the bathrooms etc and started on the dusting....except there was none.
I ran my finger over several highly polished wooden tops....no dust.
None exists anywhere in the house...even my husbands office now mostly unused is innocent of dust.
Why? In every house I've ever lived in dust flourished.
This is something I'm not grumbling about...but it is puzzling..
There's only me here and no animals. But I do have visitors...it's not splendid isolation...
Now I've noticed it I have gone looking for it...but I have yet to find any surface with dust on it....
I have walnut tables, rosewood chests, occasional as well as working surfaces......they are all dustfree!
I'm not complaining...I would simply like to know why!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

2 comments:

Nancy Wallace said...

I'm told most house dust is shed human skin cells, so perhaps you and your visitors are not shedding much at the moment. But why?

UKViewer said...

As a failed scientist I'd say it was God giving you a hand? But not sure that answers your question.

As the unpaid cleaner in this house hold, I can attest that dust, breeds dust and it's everywhere.. perhaps you do have a dust fairy, that eats it all.