Thursday 18 January 2018

Good old BBC!

Listening to the radio in the middle of the night is not my choice but sometimes it happens.
Last night I was up in the early hours soothing an itch not suffered for years. As I anointed my limbs with a soothing cream I settled down to listen.
The world news is often riveting as is the news from parliament. But other items have started to appear regularly.
Literary discussions, musical dissonance, long forgotten topics are refreshed.
Old presenters appear regularly in the middle of the night .
Mathew Paris and Mark Urban are two old favourites often to be found during the darker hours.
Drama , poetry, news from around the world all make sleeplessness bearable.
This habit is not a good one. I found I missed it during the last cruise so instead of listening during the night, I often switched on the TV to watch as well as listen at some point during the dark hours.
My normal habit is to sleep. If I’m awake it’s because of other things, like last nights itch. But I find myself enjoying the programs put out by the BBC at times when their audience must be much smaller than during the day.
Also it takes my mind off the other problem...what has caused this itch?
Thanks to my friend who suggested that I might have encountered bed bugs on the last ship I now find I’m changing my sheets with a watching eye....just in case....arghhhh!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

2 comments:

UKViewer said...

You can no doubt recognize bed bugs if you see them, but not just the sheets, the whole bed and mattress needs fumigating, because they're in the cracks and crannies of bed and mattress,

Revjeanrolt said...

I have no knowledge that any are present...just being a bit more watchful than usual. But I’ll keep what you say in mind.... arghhhh