Friday 2 February 2018

A day out!

I slept exceptionally well after a very busy day yesterday. An old friend offered to take me into Truro. I had a few things I needed to do so I was delighted.
My main problem was finding a shop prepared to put in a new battery to my Longines watch. The biggest poshest jewellers said they couldn’t do it and gave me instructions to another shop that could.
We failed to find it but walked miles looking.
Eventually we returned to a shop I used often in the past...they could do it but not on the spot. Could we go back in an hour?
So we went for lunch at that point...an old habit formed with my husband. The restaurant had changed too. It was very very busy!
Eventually we collected my watch...now working again and went off to a new shop to do some grocery shopping.
I was then offered a trip to a much loved beach on the way home but by this time exhaustion had set in.
After an hour sleeping I got a call to tell me that my friend had dropped his wallet in the superstore car park.
He had had to go back to collect it.
No wonder I slept well...I haven’t had such a busy day for years...
So today I’m trying to be quiet...except..... well yes my gardener is here , the sound of machinery is coming through loud and clear!
No peace for the wicked. My mother’s words are feeling oddly appropriate this morning!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

2 comments:

UKViewer said...

I thought that you had an #AppleWatch? Or is that only for cruises along with you iphone and ipad(s)?

Revjeanrolt said...

The Apple Watch isn’t dressy...my proper watch is..