Tuesday 27 February 2018

No snow.

No snow here as yet. The sun shines . It is very cold indeed though.
The men arrived yesterday to sort my heating out..so I do have a warm home again..
This is a huge relief...I rang the plumber yesterday fairly early and the young man arrived ready to do a complete service on my ancient boiler.
The irony of getting one of the phone calls from the scammers telling me that I could have a new one was not wasted on me.
Small snow flakes fluttered on and off during the day but I’ve woken up to the green still all around me thank goodness.
An old friend arrives tomorrow, snow allowing....he is coming from up country so anything can happen at this stage but we are booked for a concert at the weekend..
It is a woodwind concert, played by a trio of young ladies.
This is going to be a bit of a trial given my daughters profession....but providing they don’t play "Dance of the blessed spirit ." I should be able to cope. My talented daughter played a flute in one of the Bristol orchestras....in what feels like a very long time ago.
Yesterday it looked possible that we might not get there but snow hasn’t arrived here yet.
Small flakes fluttered through the air yesterday. Hopefully that is all I have to worry about though I do sympathise with the rest of the country...but I imagine the children might well rejoice...a fall of snow is not all bad news...




- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

1 comment:

UKViewer said...

Well it's bright sunshine here, but five miles away, motorways are blocked with snow and abandoned lorries. Not sure why we get caught out, when gritters and snow ploughs are out in force, virtually 24 hours since Monday AM.

Hope you avoid the snow and are able to get to your concert.