Monday 12 February 2018

Valentine baby.


On my iPad is a very useful app called "Occasions" For someone like me it is literally a Godsend. Two birthdays this month are flagged...not even on my doziest days could I miss them.
One of them is for my granddaughter Megan.
I remember the day she was born very well. It was St Valentine’s Day!
This is one I don’t need reminders about.
Now she has grown into a young woman I am very proud of Meg.
She got a degree first and then went off to follow a new career .
An interest in health was inevitable given the fact that her parents met at a kidney clinic. Her dad , my stepson is now on his third transplant. He is something of a legend in his northern village.
Meg toyed with the idea of becoming a vet originally but stayed with humans and started a long course in the Midlands a couple of years ago.
This summer she became a qualified paramedic and is currently driving an ambulance around Birmingham.
She sends me cheerful emails and is obviously very happy.
Her photographs show a beaming busy young woman..
A grandchild to be proud of....and I am.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments: