Wednesday 4 April 2018

Funchal.

We are approaching Funchal, Madeira. This is a place I know so well. David and I bought time share here many years ago so we came often...
Now I save my week to come for two weeks occasionally.
It is beautiful.
Approaching it by sea I can remember where everything is clearly.
Last time I was here I knew several people in the hotel...it was very happy couple of weeks.
This morning I shall get the shuttle bus into the town. I know all the shops well but my first stop is the cathedral. I shall stay for a service if there is one...my Easter prayer on the ship has not been as prayerful as I would wish....there have been too many distractions I’m afraid.
So many memories, so many lost friends and loved ones.
The last time I landed here I found all the shops closed but today being a Wednesday they should be open...and there are some very good shops here!
We were meant to be here at the beginning of the cruise but when our whole schedule was rerouted it went to the end...this is the last stop before the three day sail to get home.
As I like sea days that’s fine..I shall enjoy them....

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments: