Thursday 5 April 2018

Memories.

I am sitting on the top deck of this ship gazing out at the hills and the hotels dotted around them. Memories are pouring in. I was first here on a Titan tour where I met Joe. Joe was a Catholic priest and we became friends. He sent me flowers for my ordination and I treasure the memories.
I next came with my husband David. He had been before and loved it. We bought timeshare in one of the lovely hotels.and had three wonderful holidays until he died.
I did not always take my weeks in the aftermath of his death but then I came again and brought Michael who I had met on a cruise. He loved it and we had two laughter filled weeks here. And then he died too.
I haven’t used my time share since...I just arrive on a boat and remember with joy all the things I’ve done here . But every place I go has its memories.
I went to the cathedral with Joe, took trips to the north coast with Michael...ate out and walked a lot...they are all good memories of the dear people I have left behind...or have gone on before me...
Memory is a two edged sword..they are precious but often painful..
I am taking great care not to add another name to the list....


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments: