Tuesday 24 April 2018

Solar panel scam.

You may remember that last year I got caught in a scheme to "look after" solar tiles.
I had paid money up front for a year when they decided it was time to come for their annual visit, to keep them running properly.
The man who arrived detailed several thousands pounds worth of work needed on my roof and in my loft.
It was a scam. A local man told me that none of the detailed work needed to be done.
Since then other ladies in this parish with solar tiles have been contacted.
A friend told me that she’d been contacted by them to come and do the survey.
I told her of my experience so she checked and found other women in the parish had also been targeted.
She has now cancelled the direct debit but I am wondering how many more people have been caught.
The firm is still operating and presumably makes a great deal of money from us old women.
I try to spread the word but clearly a lot are falling for it. Like all confidence tricksters they are very plausible and charming. And us old ladies enjoy being talked to and flattered.
I shudder to think how much money this group must make in a year as this is repeated over the country.
Let me keep repeating. No maintenance is needed for solar tiles. Anyone offering it is probably bent.
And no matter how flattering it is to be talked to by handsome young men please don’t give them any money!
They really are all out to get us....or our cash anyway.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

5 comments:

UKViewer said...

Name and shame the company involved. They should be reported to trading standards or even the Fraud hotline of City Police.

Bob Collis said...

UKViewer. You beat me to it. Name and shame.

Revjeanrolt said...

The company is called. ESE services . It is based in Liverpool.

Bob Collis said...

Will look further into this.

Bob Collis said...

An interesting range of views on the internet from excellent to very dodgy.
Is someone posing as the genuine company?
I would you report your suspicions to the police and/or to Trading Standards