Thursday 3 May 2018

Another scam.

Yesterday I was chatting to someone I know well. She asked me if I’d had my letter yet. I hadn’t.
Check your mail she advised...I saw your name on the list.
What list?
She went on to tell me that the government were giving away large sums of money to deserving old people. Obviously not me then....
I was not impressed until she went on to say that she had had her million...it was safely banked and it would be my turn soon.
All of this was conducted via Messenger.
I asked her if she really was my friend . After a few more prompts from her I asked her where she lived. Getting no reply to that she went on telling me about getting her million into the bank. I rang her up.
Naturally it wasn’t her. Her husband told me she’d gone for a swim.
I finished the on line conversation by complimenting her on being able to type from a swimming pool.
Oh dear.
It’s hard to imagine anyone falling for this sort of stuff...but some must I suppose.
Take care out there.....they really are all out to get us.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

2 comments:

UKViewer said...

How do these people get your details? I never have that sort of contact, not recently anyway. I have disabled messenger on facebook, and on my phone, (and my spouses phone as well).

There are too many scammers out there, trying it on, the latest apparently are with TSB, whose banking system has been compromised. Once caller on radio 4 had her bank account cleared out of several thousands of pounds. And TSB are being very unhelpful to her. Apparently their fraud department are not working overtime, so she had to wait for the following day for anyone to speak too, now, she can't contact them to find out what they are doing to help her.

Dangerous stuff.

Revjeanrolt said...

There are lists as well as the electoral one showing who has sola tiles amongst other things...also women who live alone in this part of Cornwall are considered fair game.