Sunday 13 May 2018

Asking for help!

I set off to get to church early yesterday. To my surprise there were already a lot of parked cars. Near to church I found a spot on a slope and parked.
I was amazed to find the very beautiful church which sits in a creek , already quite full of both visitors and locals.
All went well. Afterwards I talked to lots of people both local and visitors.
It was a good occasion .
Returning to my car eventually I found a car behind it and another in front of it.
I then did something I’ve never done before.
I asked a man I know well if he would get my car out for me please.
He laughed.
It wouldn’t have been difficult really. I knew that and in the old days I wouldn’t have hesitated. But yesterday I knew that I would find it difficult to make all the small moves needed to get out. Nudging the other cars looked all too possible.
The very kind man got my car out and drove it up the hill for me.
I was very grateful when I climbed in but aware that another stage has now been reached. Asking for help does not come easily to me but it was the safest action yesterday.
Old age is not for wimps!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

1 comment:

UKViewer said...

Better safe than sorry. You did the right thing and should be applauded for it. Sometimes we can feel a bit of a fool, but I wouldn't have hesitated to ask for assistance in your situation.