Friday 25 May 2018

New rules.

Gosh! I woke up this morning to find just one email! One!
Wow.
For the last month I have been assailed by firms asking me to "stay in touch"
I didn’t fill in any of them. If I need to learn anything or find something on the internet I can find it. That’s how my mailing lists got so long in the first place.
Every time I’ve looked up anything, bought anything, signed anything, emails arrived for weeks and months.....years even....
I regularly unsubscribed from various sites but that never stopped them for long.
They can now be fined for sending unsolicited mail.
This is very good news...for me if not for them....
GDPR works for me...so far.
Every firm I’ve ever bought from, every page I’ve explored , every topic I have researched...they have all been sending me stuff for years....
I may miss some of them but not many...the number of times I’ve actually bought things from this sort of selling email are very few.
We shall see how it all goes....but right now it feels like a liberation!
I suspect that we are all feeling a sense of relief this morning...long may it last!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

1 comment:

Revjeanrolt said...

Well it was all fine when I wrote that that.....but I’m now being asked to remember all my various passwords....arghhhh