Sunday 12 August 2018

Busy Cornwall!

I was startled this morning to see a headline in the news on my iPad.
"Cornwall full."
It goes on to describe over crowded beaches, long tail backs on roads and some very selfish parking...
I have people arriving tomorrow, one of whom is even older than me...she is insisting on driving over to me because it’s always easy to park here!
This is true, providing the road outside doesn’t get blocked.
The really good weather has brought lots of people on spec. It’s the long school holiday and I am aware that we are busier than usual..but full?
So far the road running past my house is fairly quiet...St Mawes beach is not one of the spectacular ones.
But my beach days are over...except for the times when old friends drag me out..which can happen in August whilst they are all here.
I am staying quietly at home mostly...not working on Sunday is proving a Godsend rather than a problem. I have no need to join the crowds...I’m sitting back letting them come to me.....most of the time...
This weekend the Red arrows will put on one of their acrobatic shows over Falmouth.
Some friends will arrive for that!
From my sitting room window I have the best view without the smell and the noise!
When I still lived in Lancashire me and the children spent the entire six weeks holiday here , tenting on the north coast..
Living here, in August is always busy, bringing back old friends from forty years ago..
Not getting involved in over crowded roads is a bonus... thank you God.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments: