Wednesday 19 September 2018

Crossing the Atlantic.

This journey has been different. I thought I would enjoy my time at sea but it has been fraught in several different ways. Just finding my way around has been complicated and I am still getting lost fairly frequently.
Every night we have moved the clock back so that when we arrive in New York we will be in sync with their time. So I’m tired.
But following lots of advice I tackled the dining problem head on by a visit to the pursers office where I told them I would not be travelling with them again unless they fixed it.
It appears that I am in the Britannia club. How I got there is unclear to me I don’t remember ticking any boxes..but I did it seems . This accounts for my stateroom on the twelfth floor and my freedom over my dining preferences.
No one explained how I got into this club...and I told them that I didn’t want it...
Eventually the harassed young man fixed it for me....I was to report to the maitre de and he would put me on a table with people!
That’s what happened last night...and it was OK , they all knew each other...but at least one problem is solved!
At the end of my corridor is a covered swimming pool, an easy walk away...so at some point I will go up there for a swim but as yet the feeling of strangeness persists...
There are three more weeks on this ship...eventually I’ll get used to it.
It’s bumpy right now...I am holding onto the rails as I go..but we haven’t been allowed to walk the deck...some of us might be tempted to jump!
Us members of a club we’ve never heard of are just about staying upright...in thought , word and deed!
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments: