Wednesday 24 October 2018

Old friends!

I am very glad to see one of my old friends back here in Cornwall, but he’s arrived just when the painter is working hard. We are going out for a meal tonight. That bits fine. But he also has ambitions to do a beach walk, possibly compounded by a "stroll" over a small hill.
Exhaustion is only a day or two away if I’m not careful.
The painter is working very hard and very well....no problems there..
I have given him his first cuppa this morning and he is currently sorting out my light bulbs...
From being alone all day and happy with it I am now over loaded with blokes...
I’m not really complaining about this but just quietly hoping that no one else turns up.
Yesterday driving to Portscatho to see another old friend I was startled to see the car parks full. The beaches I’m told are also full.....we are having a spell of golden weather. This is due to break at the end of the week I am told so everyone is taking advantage of a late summer break whilst it lasts.
I have to admit that I don’t mind the approach of some bad weather...
It will give me the opportunity to have a rest and get my house back to normal.
The painter is tackling the job in stages. So far he has only got as far as the stairs....the blue looks lovely.
Next week will be the test...


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments: