Thursday 22 November 2018

Bad day!

What a day yesterday turned out to be! I had people here in the morning who noticed on their way out that I had a flat tyre. Being very generous they tried to fix it for me!
After several attempts they found that I needed special tools for my Merc. I didn’t have them or at any rate know where I could find them even I did.
So I rang the garage.
I do have a service plan operating thank goodness... I live a long way from the garage! Asking them to come out to replace a tyre was obviously going to be seen as a female bit of daft weakness but I did it anyway.
It’s just as well that I had nothing I needed to go out for. It took the best part of the day.
The young man was sent out from the Mercedes garage in Truro to change the tyre. It was dark when he arrived in the area in the late afternoon. He couldn’t find the house.
Finally after several fraught phone calls he found me but only after the young man had gone up the wrong road. I ended by switching my lights on and off because finding my house in the dark proved impossible.
The young man who finally arrived had done a tour of several farms round here!
The wheel was removed, the new tyre put on in the dark around seven pm. It took about ten minutes!
Today I have more visitors but hope to get the punctured wheel to the garage in Portscatho first.
Yesterday was fraught. I am hoping for better today!




- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments: