Wednesday 21 November 2018

Retirement?

From having had a quiet week last week my life has suddenly got busy. Visitors today and tomorrow are arriving .
Yesterday I had two trips to Portscatho in response to phone calls asking for help. If this is what retirement feels like it’s certainly not going to be dull.
I really don’t mind.
I enjoy everything I do so I’m a very lucky woman.
Telling people that I’ve retired seems to have brought a flood of requests...perhaps people want to see me before I die.
My friend from yesterday tells me that people are still asking her for medical advice thirty years after her retirement.
So be it.
My mind is turning to the next get away now...I have yet to start the packing but during the next weeks I have to try to remember to pack essentials...
I giggle when I see the very large tee shirts I bought whilst on board. They have the Queen Mary logo writ large on them.
They were to sleep in....because I forgot my nighties!
They will not be in my suitcase next time!
This mornings visitors are arriving during the morning...so I need to actually leave my bed but the news I’m hearing on the radio is riveting...
So it will be a morning for carting a radio around with me...for a while.
It’s quiet outside, no wind ruffles the hedge...and the first set of visitors arrive shortly so I must actually dress now...but no dog collar...I may never put one on again...people will actually realise that I have in fact retired..
It could take some time to persuade all the villages of this fact...but I can try.
Starting now!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments: