Friday 15 March 2019

New Zealand horror.

I am more shocked on hearing the news from New Zealand than I have been for any of the other countries.
David and I loved our visits there more than any other place we visited.
We both agreed that if we had found it in our youth we might well have decided to emigrate there.
So what is happening?
One of the beautiful moments I remember well was a talk given by an elder Maori when I realised that the prayer he started with was the twenty third psalm , translated for us and spoken with love.
My memories are all full of joy and the many photographs I brought back reflect this.
What on earth is happening in the world?
Killing people in a mosque as they were praying is simply hideous...
I fear for the world if this can happen in New Zealand.
Please God don’t let this start any more demands for blood to be spilled...either Christian or Muslim blood.
"Love one another as I have loved you."
The words spoken by Jesus are ringing through my head this morning...
Let them echo around the world.
To kill in the name of religion is a corruption of spirit . Forty dead and many more injured by zealots is very distressing...in a place I associate with Christian love.
The killer is described as extreme right wing skin head.
So this could happen anywhere. Please God, no more.



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

1 comment:

UKViewer said...

We visited NZ in 1990 as part of an extended honeymoon, including ChristChurch, in fact that was the final stop on our trip in that region.

We found the people lovely,the scenery beautiful and the City (not huge) a breath of fresh air, after our sojourn in Auckland.

Since than, off course there has been two major earth quakes to cope with, including the erection of a Cardboard Cathedral until the old one can be rebuilt.

It is so sad that this murderous act took place in such a diverse and liberal environment.