Friday 19 April 2019

Bad buy!

Yesterday was not good. Earlier in the week I had had a sudden rush of blood to the head and ordered several new silk flowers when I realised that those I already had were looking tired. Very tired in some cases.
So one dark afternoon off I went via Amazon to find some substitutes.
They all arrived yesterday and are uniformly horrid.
Some are just about OK but mostly this was a very expensive mistake.
In my efforts to place them in places where they wouldn’t look too bad I upturned a real plant and got the carpet under them throughly wet.
I hung that out to dry whilst cursing myself soundly.
After that nothing went well.
At this moment I am still in bed, putting off the moment when I have to confront yesterday’s mistakes!
The only good thing was when I drove over to the next village to retrieve the wheelbarrow wheel which is not yet attached to the actual wheel barrow.
I have put the worst of the fake flowers into the summer house where they look very odd, decadent almost.
The ones I can live with are now in the porch.
It was not a good day yesterday. So greeting Good Friday already convinced of my own stupidity has been a rotten start to Easter.
I can live without presiding over several three hour watches but it’s not the way I have always managed the Easter Story. .
So first I have to go downstairs and hope that what I did yesterday doesn’t look too bad.
Lord keep me away from artificial flowers for the rest of my life. Please.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

2 comments:

UKViewer said...

That is the danger of purchasing unseen. Some suppliers on Amazon provide and excellent service, with the goods exactly as they should be. But your experience demonstrates how fortunate we are to have an online market place. But the old adage "Buyer Beware" seems appropriate in this case.

Silk flowers are a new one to me. We either have real flowers or none in the house. Not sure my spouse could cope with silk flowers? How would she water them? Would they need aspirin in the water to prolong their plumage? Would the look like "Read" flowers?

Your prayer for release from online marketing of silk flowers is appropriate.

Revjeanrolt said...

Buying unseen is for me the only way of doing it. The couple of shops in the village are fine for basics but I now do most of my shopping on line...because the real shops are miles away. It is obviously my choice to live so far from everything and I don’t really regret it. But that’s why I have to chose from catalogues mostly. My solitary life suits me....apart from buying silk flowers! Arghhhh!