Monday 22 April 2019

Strange Easter.

Yesterday I got up late intending to simply not go to church. After a cup of coffee I knew I had to go. It was Easter Sunday, the most important day in the church calendar.
Since getting suspended from ministry for not attending a safeguarding course I have been unable to go to my local churches. Too many people, too many questions.....but, it was Easter Sunday....time for God, not for me!
I got into my car and drove to the next village where a small ecumenical church sits on the sea wall. I have done sermons there in the past but yesterday I just needed to be part of a community.
The man taking the service was from the north, and had prepared service sheets with, "He is risen" writ large upon them.
I joined in the non conformist hymns and listened.
The little church was not full but included several small children and dogs all behaving beautifully.
It was a lovely service and I’m glad I went. As I left an Easter egg was put into my hand. Afterwards I walked along the sea wall, watching the little boats in the harbour that had once held mine. I sat for a little while and then made my way to the pub.
Church followed by a glass of wine in bright sunshine....
Getting old has got its compensations... alleluia!



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

3 comments:

UKViewer said...

I am really glad that you resisted the stay at home urge. You have been transmitted to community even in nonconformist.

Bob Collis said...

The Lugger church in Portscatho?

Revjeanrolt said...

Yes Bob. Lovely place.