Sunday 26 May 2019

Back in Russia!



Here I am again in St Petersburg. The last time I was here was with Michael..I have looked at the pictures to prove it. He was a lovely man and I still miss him on days like today when the ship has emptied whilst I am staying put. I just don’t feel like going out with crowds of people. The ship today is very quiet with far more waiters etc around than usual. They keep turning up with offers of help so that I’m now wondering if I look lost...or worse...
In some ports of call it is easy to just wander off and explore alone but here we are miles from anywhere even remotely civilised....
But the swallows are here....these arbiters of Summer heat are already swooping around the heaven though it’s not at all warm out there yet!
The people on my table keep trying to get me to the theatre every night to see the various shows on offer. So far nothing has looked even remotely possible..
Perhaps it’s me... may be I’ve become a miserable old biddy without noticing...
I’m not miserable at all...we just have different ways of expressing ourselves...
It is very cold out there...I’m not even tempted by a walk around the deck....I should need a fur coat at least!
I have met several pleasant people to exchange views with...almost all of them seasoned travellers so tales of how changed cruising has become are obligatory it seems.
We are still here tomorrow and then we set sail for home and warmer climes...I look forward to going out without a coat and scarf soon!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

1 comment:

UKViewer said...

Good to hear you are behind the Iron Curtain 😄