Wednesday 29 May 2019

Old? Me?

This is the cruise where I have become an old woman. No arguments here...I am finding all sorts of things hard....things that I’ve never worried about before..
I have avoided this decision for a little while but I have to admit that the reason I’m not going out to see the wonderful things all around me is that I just can’t be bothered with it...everything has become hard...where they used to be easy. And exciting...
I am still enjoying it, making friends, chatting with all and sundry but I just don’t want to go out , to explore, to see new things....I am staying put most of the time.
This started a bit on the last cruise...I stayed home at times when I should have gone out.
This time I didn’t book lots of trips...I decided to join in on the day if I felt like it...but I am finding it easier and more comfortable to just stay put.
The ship itself is fine...I attend the lectures, there are lots of activities I do still join in...but I’ve not been tempted out to see Poland or any of the other places we’ve visited.
I usually book my next trip whilst sailing...but this time I’ll go home before I make the decision.
I have enjoyed it all but becoming one of the people who don’t do much has been very telling....I would normally have gone out to see everything outside by this time . Instead I am watching the news of Mrs Mays resignation from the comfort of my room...plus of course the the fight between Trump and Pelosi..
I really enjoy watching the news from America on Fox News...this period of time has been riveting.....
So I won’t be booking my next cruise before getting home....I will wait to see how I feel when I get there...

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

1 comment:

UKViewer said...

Good to hear from you. You've have definitely been quieter on this voyage than in past ones.

If you decide, not to cruise again, just relish the beauty you have at home and close to home.